RATP Dev Transit London – EV Charging Solution, Westbourne Park Bus Depot Phase 1A
eSmart Networks were appointed to provide the capability for RATP Dev Transit London to run new electric bus routes from their Westbourne Park depot. This required the provision of 20 new charging outlets and the infrastructure to power them.
Using knowledge from across the business we were able to implement a scheme that allowed the client to power these chargers from their existing metered supply into the site. We also gave them the opportunity to have a new connection exclusively for the bus charging supply.
As part of this project, eSmart Networks had to install a new 11kV packaged substation, custom-built LV Pillar and 20no 80kW BYD Chargers along with civils work, fitting of armco barriers and a custom fabricated walkway around the site.
This is the first phase of an exciting development to introduce over 30 more electric buses onto routes in this area. We are delighted to partner with RATP Dev Transit London in their continued electrification of their fleet.
- Installation of chargers, armco and the LV Pillar on a reinforced concrete deck, without penetrating beyond a set amount into the structure.
- Installation of HV and LV cables along the side of the deck, dropping down safely in containment to the new transformer.
- Installation of transformer below the deck alongside the site’s haul road.
- Coordination of works with RATP Dev Transit London to ensure no impact on the live bus depot.
- Acceleration of the programme from 12 weeks to 8 weeks.
- Strong organisation and communication with the client and their operational team.
- A proactive approach to planning work, pushing for energisation and live date to be completed early Feb 2023.
- Design and build of new charger foundations to avoid over-penetration into the concrete deck.
- Sourced an alternative route for containment, when the initial route was deemed unworkable due to third parties.
Let us know how we can help you! Get in touch with us now.